-
September 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Something for Robin to get worked-up about. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Unfortunately, this board still doesn't allow the EMBED function. Hello hostboard, wake up and smell 2005, please give me full HTML functionality...
YouTube - STUDENT TASERED FOR ASKING SEN KERRY ABOUT VOTER SUPPRESSION
I like the presenter saying, "Well, the guy *was* kinda annoying."
-
September 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Good grief! There goes freedom of speech right out the window. To be tasered for asking a question? That is just insane!
-
September 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I find it quite appalling myself...Before long we are gonna become like the Persians/Spartans and start throwing are children away for any defect in order to raise the perfectly behaved society as we march forward trying to concur the world. Whatever happened to our pursuit of liberties for ourselves and our prosperity???
<font color="#DDDDDD" size="1">[ September 18, 2007 02:33 PM: Message edited by: cherrysis ]</font>
-
September 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
#4
Inactive Member
yeah..like the "car of tomorrow" in NASCAR...that sucks too.
-
September 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
#5
Inactive Member
-
September 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
#6
Inactive Member
nascar mandated that all the cars racing have to have exactly the same equipment. In otherwords there is no Chevy, Dodge, Ford or Toyota...although they have those logos on their cars..I get tickled when old hat nascar fans complain about Toyota...there isn't a dimes difference between any of the cars..oh and I saw the taser episode on good morning america...the dude was being an asshole..I believe in freedom of speech too..and he had his say..he just wouldn't shut up and let anyone else have their say...the class clown made an ass of himself and got zapped. I hate tasering...they should have just cuffed him and taken him outside. Shame on the cops and shame on the dude.
-
September 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Okay, really, I agree. The guy was annoying and a bit of an asshole. But there is a simple way of dealing with people like that. The O'Reilly method. Cutting the mike and moving on to another speaker. It eliminates the need for force and electricity.
What I think is frightening is people, no offense mum (I really do like you) who seem to say "I'm all for freedom of speech, however..." That's not in the constitution. You either have it, or you don't. I understand that's oversimplefying it, but this is the way it's gotta be.
(Mills' "On Liberty" delves deep into the complexity of Liberty. There is a strange interaction between a need for protection and the need for freedom. Good work, I would seriously recommend reading it.)
I see it here all the time. I think a lot of people are annoying. I even find myself annoying very often. But one should never reach for facism to deal with annoyance/anger/fear/alloftheabove. Sometimes I fear we *need* a new age of facism. We've forgotten what it's like. If governments start crushing us again, we'll remember again and I guarantee you that if society is closed down enough for it to happen again - it will open up in revolt.
-
September 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
#8
Inactive Member
ok ..fine...be an asshole..see if I care *handing the mike to Lefty*.....wait...*reaching for my taser*..and you were saying???
-
September 25th, 2007, 04:52 PM
#9
Inactive Member
""If governments start crushing us again, we'll remember again and I guarantee you that if society is closed down enough for it to happen again - it will open up in revolt."""
Yes it will and that scares me!
-
September 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
#10
Inactive Member
It's called social judgement and the dude didn't have any.... I liked hearin' him screammmmm!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks